BMWRaspControl - Forum
Need assist to install into E38 - Druckversion

+- BMWRaspControl - Forum (https://www.bmwraspcontrol.de/board)
+-- Forum: BMWRaspControl - Diskussion (https://www.bmwraspcontrol.de/board/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Forum: BMWRaspControl - english questions (https://www.bmwraspcontrol.de/board/forumdisplay.php?fid=43)
+--- Thema: Need assist to install into E38 (/showthread.php?tid=1281)

Need assist to install into E38 - meir - 04.03.2021

Greetings to all members of this community.

My name is Meir, I am contacting you from the Central Asian Republic of Kazakhstan.
We are fans of German classic cars Smile.

Last year I found this multimedia solution for BMW cars and decided to install it also.

Have attached picture of hardware that I have. The reason I have the kit in this way because most parts I had with me a long before.
I tried to install it from my perspective how it should be. But the only thing I get the picture on AV mode and no buttons are functioning.
Please assist to get it correctly installed.

I'm a little far from engineering and probably that is why cannot install it correctly.
[attachment = 524]

RE: Need assist to install into E38 - gerard1989 - 04.03.2021

(04.03.2021, 05:28)meir schrieb: Greetings to all members of this community.

My name is Meir, I am contacting you from the Central Asian Republic of Kazakhstan.
We are fans of German classic cars Smile.

Last year I found this multimedia solution for BMW cars and decided to install it also.

Have attached picture of hardware that I have. The reason I have the kit in this way because most parts I had with me a long before.
I tried to install it from my perspective how it should be. But the only thing I get the picture on AV mode and no buttons are functioning.
Please assist to get it correctly installed.

I'm a little far from engineering and probably that is why cannot install it correctly.
[attachment = 524]

Приветствую! Напиши мне в WhatsApp на номер +99365815090, помогу.

RE: Need assist to install into E38 - harryberlin - 04.03.2021

Whit modBMW interface you will need to use GPIO7 for NTSC signal, because there is no NTSC wire.
Why do you have a HDMI2AV Converter? The Raspberry has AV out on 3,5mm port?
Which power device do you use?

RE: Need assist to install into E38 - meir - 16.03.2021

(04.03.2021, 15:27)gerard1989 schrieb:
(04.03.2021, 05:28)meir schrieb: Приветствую всех участников этого сообщества.

Меня зовут Меир, я связываюсь с вами из Среднеазиатской Республики Казахстан.
Мы фанаты немецких классических автомобилей Smile.

В прошлом году я нашел это мультимедийное решение для автомобилей BMW и решил тоже его установить.

Прикрепил изображение имеющегося у меня оборудования. Причина, по которой у меня такой комплект, потому что большая часть деталей была у меня задолго до этого.
Пытался установить с моей точки зрения, как должно быть. Но единственное, что я получаю изображение в режиме AV, и никакие кнопки не работают.
Пожалуйста, помогите установить его правильно.

Я немного далек от инженерии и наверное поэтому не могу правильно установить.
[attachment = 524]

Приветствую! Напиши мне в WhatsApp на номер +99365815090, помогу.

Привет. Напишу.

(04.03.2021, 23:29)harryberlin schrieb: Whit modBMW interface you will need to use GPIO7 for NTSC signal, because there is no NTSC wire.
Why do you have a HDMI2AV Converter? The Raspberry has AV out on 3,5mm port?
Which power device do you use?

Hi Harry.
Why do you have a HDMI2AV Converter?
HDMI2AV Converter I have is just found my shelves. Probably was doing something with home TV set Smile.

The Raspberry has AV out on 3,5mm port? 
I think Raspberry dont have AV out. Tried to connect via HDMI.

Power device... I put the plug used for mobile phones charger. It is converting from 12V to 5V with 2.1A power.

RE: Need assist to install into E38 - harryberlin - 16.03.2021

sure, the 3,5mm port has audio and video (CVBS) signal.

RE: Need assist to install into E38 - meir - 19.03.2021

(16.03.2021, 21:54)harryberlin schrieb: sure, the 3,5mm port has audio and video (CVBS) signal.

Please send step by step instructions to my case how to connect the system.
Where should I connect 3.5mm port in the trunk? Our signal is 3.5mm, but which connectors are In signal?
Other aspects are ok?

RE: Need assist to install into E38 - harryberlin - 19.03.2021

check this thread:
https://www.bmwraspcontrol.de/board/showthread.php?tid=9