BMWRaspControl - Forum
Buttons and screen problem - Druckversion

+- BMWRaspControl - Forum (https://www.bmwraspcontrol.de/board)
+-- Forum: BMWRaspControl - Diskussion (https://www.bmwraspcontrol.de/board/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Forum: BMWRaspControl - english questions (https://www.bmwraspcontrol.de/board/forumdisplay.php?fid=43)
+--- Thema: Buttons and screen problem (/showthread.php?tid=544)

Buttons and screen problem - aaron_e39 - 06.02.2017

Hi,

First of all, let me say a big thanks for this topic and for the really great work on the BMWRasp Controll project!
I do not speak german and with the google translate I did not find a solution for my problem.

I have fitted the Rpi with the Resler interface into an E39 Touring (with TV module, CD changer and 16:9 board monitor) based on guide from here.
Instaled the latest BMWRaspControlImage (1.9) from here.
The green rear cam switch cable of the Resler interface is connected to the pin 17 as is mentioned in the guide.

The Rpi working fine (the welkome message shows on the IKE, the mirror-expanding working, there is information in the on-board menu in OSMC from the I-BUS so the resler interface is working) exept:
when i turning on the Rpi, after a few seconds (during the initialization is running) the monitor is swiching automaticly to the Rpi. When I press the mode button, the system is changing -for example- to the radio, I hear the radio in the speakers but the screen still remain on Rpi.
The buttons are not working on the board monitor nor the wheel (none of them) for the Rpi.
When in the OSMC add-ons menu -> HelgeInterface I choose the ' Configure then press the OK button, the screen change back to the CD screen and after a few sec return back to the normal screen.
Till the Rpi is on, disconnect the rear cam cable, the monitor change back to the CD menu and i can use the buttons to navigate and everything else in the normal board menu, the sound from the Rpi is still playing on the speekers.
When i try to connect the pin 17 over the Rpi GPIO7 pin, there is nothing happen, no change on board monitor at all.

What i am doing wrong?

RE: Buttons and screen problem - Bahamajoe - 11.02.2017

There are curios things going on. Let´s go step by step:

- Please add the revision number from the add on.
- Are you using helge Interface or IBUSCommunicator?
- If you want to use GPIO7 you have to switch this in the menu in the add on (You can only do this at home on a tv)
- Is the CD Changer still working/connected at the same time?

For modify something in the Add on, better you go in the main menu over Programm and then over the add on itself.

If you disconnect the rear cam cable and stay in the CD Menu, than it is normal that you can still hear the music.
I have the same, that the menu of the surface stay on when I am switching to radio, but I am fine with that you can press the change button to get to the radio menu (http://www.bmwraspcontrol.de/board/showthread.php?tid=304&pid=2747#pid2747)

RE: Buttons and screen problem - aaron_e39 - 12.02.2017

(11.02.2017, 17:13)Bahamajoe schrieb: There are curios things going on. Let´s go step by step:

- Please add the revision number from the add on.
- Are you using helge Interface or IBUSCommunicator?
- If you want to use GPIO7 you have to switch this in the menu in the add on (You can only do this at home on a tv)
- Is the CD Changer still working/connected at the same time?

For modify something in the Add on, better you go in the main menu over Programm and then over the add on itself.

If you disconnect the rear cam cable and stay in the CD Menu, than it is normal that you can still hear the music.
I have the same, that the menu of the surface stay on when I am switching to radio, but I am fine with that you can press the change button to get to the radio menu (http://www.bmwraspcontrol.de/board/showthread.php?tid=304&pid=2747#pid2747)
Thank you Bahamajoe For the response!

I was using the HELGEinterface. In the past days i was reading around the forum, and I have discovered there is an another interface, the IBUScommunicator (as you mentioned above). I have installed it, and that one is working perfectly.
And I have some experience now with the control buttons as well.
I had no idea what was wrong with the HELGEinterface. The version of it: Rev.02 - 0.1.18
In the future I will change back to the HELGEinterface to investigate the problem.

But I have an another question:
The CD changer was moved out and I use the changers connectors for the Pi. The sound is connected  to the car over the Pi's jack connector with 0,22µF capacitors.
Right after when I connect the Pi to the battery i get a continuos noise from it. I can hear over the speakers the "sound of the Pi" (like the sound of the dial-up modem). Even if the car is off (It is not lima whistle). I checked the mass connections, it seems everything is ok. When i disconnect a Left or Right channels mass it gets worse (louder noise) so i think this is not a mass problem. I can see a litle "noise" in the picture of the screen (like small vibrations, ghost noise)as well. It is normal because of the poor sound quality of the Pi or possibly I have some problem with the mass connection somewhere?  
In the next week I will buy the Sound Blaster Play! 2 sound card I will test again with it.

Anyway, this is an awesome project and I would like to integrate the Pi as a part of the car.
Now i am using as a "multimedia and internet interface". I listen music from SoundCloud, Spotify and watch movies and videos from youtube and watch live TV shows (for example: Red Bull TV. This is the swden FIA WRC season now Wink ). I am using whit Yatse kodi remote on android to controll it from phone and working perfectly.
Also the built in Add-on BMW functions are very useful.

In the future I would like much more, for example:
- store and display information about service intervals (oil change period, the type of the oil, etc...);
- when I am out of the car she text me when one of the dors is opened (like pager system) and I will able to block the car from the phone;
- voice controll;
- etc..

RE: Buttons and screen problem - Bahamajoe - 18.03.2017

I think it is not a good idea to youse the jack for sound, because the pi is not good in this. This is why everybody adds a USB soundcard which results in much better quality. Did you install your soundcard?

For your future things, your first point is already realised look here.

If you are good in programming, everybody would appreciate your help.