Themabewertung:
  • 0 Bewertung(en) - 0 im Durchschnitt
Hardware for RaspControl system
Hello,

i'd like to make small summary of the HW neccessary i intend to use for the RaspControl in my E39 530d (sedan, facelift, 16:9 navi, BM24 radio, phone) and remarks for some of them.

Main unit
Rapberry Pi 3 - i have seen on the forum that some people use it so i suppose the RaspControl works on that too. Advantage is built in WiFi, bluetooth (although it seems the range isn't enough so the dongle might me necessary) and more powerful SoC compared to Pi 2. Disadvantage is higher SoC temperature so additional cooling is welcomed.

Pi case
Because of the higher SoC temperature, i'd like to use some sort of cooling case. Probably Flirc case but with some bigger heatsink fit in which would stick out of the case cover. I'm afraid of the plastic covers being too soft for holding up the heatsing in the trunk. Do you know about some other case which could be suitable for putting on such a heatsink? I don't want to use a fan because of the noise.

USB sound card
No discussion there, Behringer UCA222 is the choice to proceed with.

iBUS interface
IBus-Interface - USB, no discussion there either.

Power supply
I have a question mark here. According to your recommandations on the main site, you use cigarette lighter supply with 2 USBs. The question is - don't the abrupt turn on and offs damage the Pi over time? Have you guys had any issues with the Pi itself over time? Since i have no cigarette lighter socket in the trunk, i'd have to buy also a socket etc. This alternative you propose isn't sold anymore. I have found Mausberry 3A supply which communicates with the Pi via GPIO and enables soft turn on and offs. It costs around 30€ though. Does it worth it in your opinion or is there any other alternative?

Cables and wiring:
Video - you suggest such a cable with 4 poles mini jack and cinches. So the mini jack goes directly into the Raspberry and the ground and video are supposed to go on pins 13 and 14 of the white plug on the videomodule. Is there and specific cable to do that or you pretty much hard wire such a connection? On that case i suppose that the videomodule is gonna be thrown out of the car and replaced by the Raspberry right? On the pin 17 of the blue socket we get the GPIO pin 27 through resistor 100Ohm. Again, is is possible to buy a corresponding blue plug to make it in a way that you can disconnect it easily and connect back the videomodule? Or are the cables just added to the existing wiring as a branch? And finally - R-Cam is rear cam i suppose. In case this one is present, where is it connected?

Audio - pretty much the same as video, are the cables hooked up on the existing lines? Since i have seen on videos on youtube, the original radio still works so i guess it does not go out?

iBUS - since i have a phone which doesn't work anymore these days, i guess the iBus can be connected from phone of maybe even better from the changer which i don't intend to feed with tenths of CDs and anyway there is a need for some space on the trunk so sacrificing the changer seems as a must.

SD card
Probably SanDisk 8GB as you suggest. It serves just for operating system/RaspControl image? So the 8GB should be all right.

Your comments are appreciated. I'm sorry for such a long post but i try it to be as much complete as possible in order to have some sort of "manual" in english.

Nachrichten in diesem Thema
Hardware for RaspControl system - von Malda - 11.11.2016, 01:52
RE: Hardware for RaspControl system - von Malda - 17.11.2016, 01:20
RE: Hardware for RaspControl system - von tgd - 20.11.2016, 18:12
RE: Hardware for RaspControl system - von Malda - 13.12.2016, 01:19

Gehe zu:

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 2 Gast/Gäste