Themabewertung:
  • 0 Bewertung(en) - 0 im Durchschnitt
Ibuscommunicator
did a test and have seen, the addon don't send enabled lights to the light modul.
need some more time to find out what happens.
IBusCommunicator:
Image  <>  Kodi Addon

[Bild: usersignaturpic-14941mspx.jpg]
Newbie question:

Here have an BMW E46 and E53.

Historically when new installed a DIN mounted PC running embedded XPe carpc media player which has worked well over the years.

I am looking to install Kodi now on the two car PCs.

The CarPCs are Intel.  Just updated motherboard to an 8th generation Intel CPU.  I utilized a mini box intelligent picopsu today for shutdown and start up of computer.

I have been playing with KODI / Armbian on S912 TV boxes lately.  Works well with 4K video on three boxes and Armbian Linux on one automation box.  Considering this box for car pc

Also Linux runs well on a new BeeLink BT3 Pro (Intel) and was considering this box for car pc

Seeing that the KODI bmwraspcontrol is a python plugin for the RPi  KODI.  Will it also work on Kodi running on Ubuntu / Intel CPU?

- Automator 
E46/E83 - CIS-IBus (2) - N3050 CPU 8Gb Ram (2) - LibreELEC (official): 9.2.0 - Confluence-BMW - IBus Communicator
E46 updates ==> Updated radio - 2004 model, newer ULF, MKIV.

[Bild: zF6KjSo.jpg][Bild: ovOKLZI.jpg]
the addon should working with your device. maybe you have to set serial device in custom setting.
IBusCommunicator:
Image  <>  Kodi Addon

Thank you harryberlin.

Interface here is the CIS-Ibus device sold by AC-Services Shop. (many years now).

Will give it a try with Intel CPU running Kodi.  (current motherboard is an 8th gen Atom).

Reason for use is that I have an XX Tb drive in place for music. 

Adding an HDHomerun device to replace old TV box.
- Automator 
E46/E83 - CIS-IBus (2) - N3050 CPU 8Gb Ram (2) - LibreELEC (official): 9.2.0 - Confluence-BMW - IBus Communicator

The CIS-IBUS does not work on the IBUS side. You will probably need to get the resler interface for that.
So far, thats my setup now for years.
Thank you N3meis. 

Yes first gen car pc used the Resler Interface for about a year. 

Endeavor here is to update two CarPC's from Intel D525's to 8th generation Atom CPUs.  Also updated from Windows embedded to Linux. 

Tested Kodi this morning using the IBusCommunicator plugin with the CIS-IBus interface and it worked fine using Aux for audio and video.

Note this is on an E83 testing for time bean.  The E46 (in storage) is using newer model of the CIS-Ibus.

The CIS-Ibus is first generation with a serial RS-232 port for communications and a USB connection for power only.  I used an RS-232 ==> USB cable to map the device to /dev/ttyUSB0.  There also is one serial port connection on the car pc so I could utilize that one.

For TV connectivity here using an HD Homerun.  Using it at home with the Kodi boxes it runs great.

Next configuration is for the ODBII transport.

What Bluetooth and or WLAN device is recommended for ODBII?
- Automator 

ibus communiction runs only through cis-ibus?
only stw is not working, others like obc works fine?
in which case is stw not working?
what are your settings of the addon?
IBusCommunicator:
Image  <>  Kodi Addon

Thank you harryberlin.

Yes only Ibus device is first generation of the CIS-Ibus device which I purchased when first introducted by Ante at AC-Services Shop used first in E46, then purchased new CIS-Ibus for E46 and put old one in new X3 (2006).

I am thinking by default it switches the video on the display to on when in AUX mode.   

I did get the Steering Wheel controls working via menu options ==> IBusCommunicator / Steering Wheel Buttons / STW R/T Key Event ==> Menu Control (en-/disable).  Just getting familiar with the options.

I am still using older ODBII with cable device here. 

Guessing that OBC is ODBII connectivity; eh?  What is recommended device?

I am purchasing a combo USB WLAN / Bluetooth Stick; what is recommended to work?

I am using a USB GPS / GLONASS - U-Blox7 stick here which is similiar to the serially connected GPS with PPS for my PFSense firewall (for NTP).  I would like to time sync the BMW clock on start up using GPS.  It would be better though to just read the GPS IBus info from the Navigation that is already there.  (MKIV).
- Automator 

OBC = OnBoardComputer
IBusCommunicator:
Image  <>  Kodi Addon

Ahh...thank you ..

Been testing using LibreELEC and constrained a bit by it.  Is it easy to install Navit with LibreElec or better to go with a full build of Ubuntu like LUbuntu or Ubuntu Server?

I did get VNC working with LibreElec and have it connected wirelessly to my home network in the garage.  Put a charger on the vehicle in the car such that I can play live with it.

Noticed I have set the font to default and see it too large on main screen and the date is not following the configured settings.

- Automator 

Gehe zu:

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 1 Gast/Gäste