Themabewertung:
  • 0 Bewertung(en) - 0 im Durchschnitt
In Car Wifi
Hi,

Just letting you boys know ive managed to get a wifi dougle working in my car! Adding internet has opened so many doors with osmc/kodi.

Ive gotta DAB app running.

The best so far is Spotify! Big Grin

BBC iPlayer works well, and also Sky news app is pretty good.

Im trying to load my IPTV but seems to take forever to load, the playlist has 70k worth of channels in it, currently trying to edit it so ive just got a select few EG sky sports!

Im trying to find a GPS app, cant seem to find a working google maps.........

Anyway i hope with sharing this, it mite spark others into getting internet in there car and more ideas on what we can run.
Cheers, James
You can forget about GPS on Kodi. The Maps-Browser is just a basic viewer. You could try to install a Webbrowser and try to use GoogleMaps from there. The Raspberry Pi is not powerfull enough to make use of both worlds.

On my setup I actually did use a second Raspberry Pi with Raspbian and Navit. Iam switching to the second Raspberry Pi Video Output with a Relay over original buttons and I control it over VNC with my Smartphone. Which is kinda awesome because i can plan a route without me sitting in the car... or even be near.

In theory I could use the WAN adress of my LTE Router in the car to do that from everywhere.

Currently iam adding MyCroft to the second Pi.. and afterwards I will post a Recipe for the system.

Why a Recipe?

Because creating images everytime something gets update is to much of a hassle(hoff) Big Grin

Btw protipp: Install YT-Addo.. (You will need to use Google Developer registration though...). and the yt-downlo... addon.

Cheers, Mate
(30.06.2020, 22:36)Jamesbebby schrieb: Hi,

Just letting you boys know ive managed to get a wifi dougle working in my car! Adding internet has opened so many doors with osmc/kodi.

Ive gotta DAB app running.

The best so far is Spotify! Big Grin

BBC iPlayer works well, and also Sky news app is pretty good.

Im trying to load my IPTV but seems to take forever to load, the playlist has 70k worth of channels in it, currently trying to edit it so ive just got a select few EG sky sports!

Im trying to find a GPS app, cant seem to find a working google maps.........

Anyway i hope with sharing this, it mite spark others into getting internet in there car and more ideas on what we can run.
Cheers, James
Well done!

Please can you walk us through what you did. 

The problem I find with electronics is the crossover these days with software and coding, if you know what you’re doing it’s fine but it’s not plug and play. 

I think you were hoping to get a pibus like me, but that isn’t happening. Really keen to see what you’ve done James.
Good news!!!

Here using a micro travel router configured with OpenWRT.  The LAN piece attached to the LAN port on the carpc and the Wireless piece auto connects to the LTE T-Mobile phone when in the automobile.  I configured it to autoconnect to the home network when the automobile is parked in the garage.  Tried using Chrome plugins and while it works it is difficult to navigate.  Might add a 3D wireless navigator mouse.

Tried a bit to tinker with the GPS stuff and was not impressed.  I did update the older MKIII to a MKIV GPS which still uses last maps done up in 2015.

Also updated the ULF to a more current one to work better with my phone.  Still though not seeing my text messaging.
- Automator 
E46/E83 - CIS-IBus (2) - N3050 CPU 8Gb Ram (2) - LibreELEC (official): 9.2.0 - Confluence-BMW - IBus Communicator
E46 updates ==> Updated radio - 2004 model, newer ULF, MKIV.

[Bild: zF6KjSo.jpg][Bild: ovOKLZI.jpg]

Gehe zu:

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 1 Gast/Gäste